Sunday, December 12, 2010

Speed reading

I make a habit of reading four books simultaneously, several times a day. And I'm not gonna lie: Keeping everything straight can get a little crazy, especially when more than one child is pointing at random pictures and asking a seemingly never-ending train of rapid-fire "whazzats?" The key is to familiarize yourself with every book in the playroom so that you can fluidly rattle off the names of various objects (and sometimes their colors, too!), almost without even looking. One-track minds need not apply:

7 comments:

Beth said...

Love it! Excellent example of your "quad Mom skills!"

The Saunders Family said...

ha, they get four times the interaction! Love how they look at each other's books when you are telling what they are pointing at!

Triple Threat said...

LOVE Dalia's shoes ;)

Suzy said...

@Triple Threat: Believe me, so does she. :)

Lori said...

You, my dear, are IMPRESSIVE! After nearly 10 yrs of motherhood, I'm still trying to read upside-down. Can't imagine doing that upside-down and with multiple books! BRAVO!

Suzy said...

@Lori: I am usually in the middle of the storm, with "whazzats" being barked at my from all sides. This was an exception, so I jumped at the opportunity to grab the camera and record the precious reading session x 4. :)

Megan said...

Those were some fancy shoes Dahlia had on with her PJs! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...