Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 in statuses, part 1

Looking back through my old Facebook statuses the other day, I found myself taking a stroll down memory lane. So many little things happened this year that I had totally forgotten about! And since it's these little things that really make up life, I wanted to make sure that I wrote them down in a place where my kids could read them someday. To that end, here's a glimpse at the first couple months of the Fab Four's second year, Facebook style (you can read the entire series here):

JANUARY
4 McDonald's fries: Yes. Ore-Ida fries: No. The Fab Four will not be fooled.

5 Jude took 5 steps this morning, 3 steps this afternoon!

Playing with their musical table (12 months old)
clockwise from bottom left: Isaac, Lucia, Jude, and Dahlia

7 Roasting carrots for the babies. SO GLAD that spoon-fed baby food is well behind us! Although I am finding it a little challenging to cook real food while four babies take turns clamoring for my attention in the next room.

7 The roasted carrots were a huge hit with the babies. Thanks, America's Test Kitchen, for finding a way to make even me like cooked carrots!

8 I think crying when you put your first-ever bite of meatloaf in your mouth is a bit much, don't you?

9 The babies loved their Cuban flavors at lunch today: diced ham mixed with black beans and a dash of cumin, cubed sweet potatoes, and mandarin oranges. Too bad they won't eat rice!

10 I have serious problems. I just tried to put a pacifier in Jude's ear.

11 Lucy Lu took 4 steps today! Three down, one to go. Wonder how long it will take Dahlia to succumb to the peer pressure?

Piling into the toy box (13 months old)
clockwise from bottom left: Lucia, Jude, Dahlia, and Isaac

15 Okay, I just caught Lucy and Dahlia bopping to Lady Gaga on Oprah. I'm not sure what I think about that. Will step up Beatles indoctrination ASAP.

16  A-ha, Dahlia finally caved ... she took 2 steps today!

FEBRUARY
6 Tried eggs this morning. Isaac and Dahlia vote yes. Jude and Lucy vote NO.

11 My kids can use sippy cups, but they won't drink milk out of them! We're on day 4 of no daytime bottles; they're drinking a little bit of juice from cups during the day, and then they're chugging their bedtime bottles of milk. What should I do??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...