Saturday, February 19, 2011

The better to see you with

Isaac finally got his glasses! I didn't think my little boy's big, blue eyes could get any more beautiful, but I was wrong:

Handsome devil 
(in Fisher Price wire frames with unifit nose piece,
cable temples, and Crizal Avance lenses,
ground digitally to minimize magnification)

 
So far he is tolerating them very well, keeping them on long enough to read books, do puzzles, and perform various other activities that must seem like new now that he can see what's in front of him. Today he even pointed at a photo on the fridge for the first time and said "mama"—I think he recognized me because he could finally distinguish my face in the picture!


Thankfully, the other kids have been great with his glasses, too. Although they initially wanted a turn wearing them, they lost interest once I explained that now Isaac has glasses just like Daddy has glasses. They know that touching people's glasses is a no-no, so they have left his entirely alone. Let's hope it stays that way!

7 comments:

jen cox said...

Isaac looks great in his glasses! I was initially sad when I learned Toby needed glasses but now he just doesn't look right without them. (:

Beth said...

Wow! He looks very handsome in his glasses, but so grown up! He's like a little man. What a cutie!!

Glad to hear the transitsion has gone well. We don't have any in glasses yet, but Rod and I both wear glasses I imagine they're coming at some point.

Lori said...

He looks so cute in them!! I'm impressed that he's already getting used to them at such a young age. Way to go, Isaac!

Jodi said...

He is absolutely precious!

Julie said...

Love, love, LOVE the glasses! Of course, I may be a little biased! So glad he is doing well with them! Noah will be getting glasses in two months....we'll see how he does! Besos!

quadmom said...

Oh my goodness he is SO handsome in those glasses! What a sweetheart!!

Megan said...

I thought I commented on this already! I know he's already broken these - but man, what a cutie! I love Isaac with glasses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...