Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All aboard!

Check out our new ride:


That's right, folks—we are the proud owners of a Step 2 choo choo wagon! Ted's parents actually gave it to us for the kids' birthday, but space issues prevented us from storing it at our house (and, therefore, using it) until now. We feel very fortunate to have it, as it's currently out of production and quite the hot commodity in the world of higher-order multiples. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa T!

First time in the Choo Choo
(clockwise from top left: Jude, Isaac, Dahlia, Lucy)
We weren't sure what the Fab Four thought of the choo choo when Ted first strapped them in, but they ended up LOVING it! I like it because it's a nice alternative to our mammoth stroller: In the choo choo, everyone can face the same way and see in all directions, two features that will come in handy on walking trails, trips to the zoo, trick-or-treating, and the like.

Of course, I had to get the kids' first choo choo ride on video:

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my word! I want a Choo Choo wagon! (Even though I only have one kid, it's still cool. Playdates, maybe?)
You have a very steady walk, I couldn't even tell you were walking with the camera.
Does this contraption fit in your van?

The Haughs said...

YAY. Love it! I saw someone with a choo-choo at church last weekend - with triplets. . . so WHY NOT?! :)

quadmom said...

I am DYING to get one of these. I really hope they start production again soon.

I ordered a mammoth stroller of my own ... it's on its way from Australia now! lol

Suzy said...

Bethany, I think it will fit in our van if we stack the trailers.

Katie, do you go to Grace? You might have seen my friend Julieann ... check out the comments on my FB link!

Sonja, I love our mammoth stroller! It's great for infants, especially. It's still good for us, but it will be nice to have a different option. You'll have to let me know what you think of yours when you get it. :)

Megan said...

I love Ted's comment about them never wanting to get in the stroller again. Mine definitely prefer the choo choo, but they will still ride in the stroller, thank goodness. I have learned to keep the choo choo out of sight when it's not an option - otherwise, I get to hear Grace cry "choo chooooo!" over and over!

The Saunders Family said...

whew...just thinking of when they are three and still want to ride in the choo choo...that will be some workout. I have a hard enough time with my 3 year old and 1 year old...50 lbs is tough going up some hills!

Suzy said...

Megan, thanks for the heads up on keeping the Choo Choo out of sight when it's time to load into the stroller ... I probably wouldn't have thought of that until it was too late!

Jessica, I know a family who sold their Choo Choo when their quads turned 3 ... that must be why! :)

QuatroMama said...

So dern adorable!

You all will LOVE it! My favorite multiples product of all time. So sad we out grew it!

Jennie said...

Congrats on the Choo Choo!! We've been looking for one too! We've got awhile though - enjoy it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...