Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Four little cholos

Today is the Peruvian independence day, and guess what? The Fab Four just happen to be one-quarter Peruvian!

Being expatriates, we didn't have any parades to attend, but we didn't let that stop us from commemorating this special day in our own way. To kick off our celebration, the kids modeled the warm chullos that their Bisabuelo brought them when he came to visit last year:


Later they took turns admiring the beautiful Peruvian flag:


And then, to top it all off, the whole family enjoyed some lively huayno music in the van:



The only thing missing was a Peruvian feast. Maybe next year I will have time to fix some yummy food—or better yet, Abuelita Joanna can come cook it for us!

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

Makes me miss Ecuador...those two countries seem so similar. Must be the Andean influence. I was just listening to Mana the other day and I have American Inkas, Alturas and the Inka Kings when I am missing Ecuador.
I never did get myself a hat like that...too itchy for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...