Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Vintage" clothes

As you probably know by now, I'm a sucker for comparison photos. So this weekend, when Lucy and Dahlia found the muumuus that Tia Glenda brought them from Hawaii a couple of years ago, I just had to grab my camera. Here is the original picture I posted of the girls modeling their then-new outfits:


And here they are in the same outfits (matching bloomers now serving as shorts), almost exactly two years later:


The girls also still love to wear the dresses that Bisabuelo brought them from Peru nearly three years ago:


Last year they wore them as long shirts over khaki shorts; today they wore them as decidedly shorter shirts with the very same shorts (apparently Lucy and Dahlia are getting taller but not any bigger around!):


Very soon my beautiful daughters will grow out of these not-quite-vintage clothes. When they do, you can bet that I will carefully put away these special outfits in the hopes of someday seeing my granddaughters grow up in them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...