- Poor Isaac has inherited Mommy and Daddy's car-sickness genes. Pass the bucket!
- Lucy could do sticker pages all day and all night. Even in the dark. (No car-sickness genes for her!)
- As long as the DVD player is running, my kids will not sleep. Not a wink.
- The real trick to getting the Fab Four to sleep in the car is to say that it's nap time and then quit talking to them. (They didn't sleep at all in the car the first time we drove to Texas, so I was elated to find a way to get them to take a nap!)
|Asleep at last!|
- In the car, Dahlia is always the last to succumb to Mr. Sandman. Always.
- Jude is really, really nasty when he wakes up from a car nap. Stay clear!
- The most effective way to settle down a restless Fab Four: Turn on some Beatles. Instant peace.
- Speaking of peace, it's harder to come by now that the kids' arms and legs are getting longer. We're running out of space in this van!
- It is possible to hear the question, "Are we in Texas?" a bajillion times without strangling anybody. It is possible, but just barely.
And, last but not least, we confirmed something we already knew:
- It really stinks to live a 2-day car drive away from our abuelitos!!