Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving thanks

We give thanks for our food before each meal, and in the past few months the kids have started jumping in and thanking Jesus for all sorts of other stuff before I can say "amen." Last week on Thanksgiving, I explained to them that, although we offer thanks to Jesus every day, this is a special day when the entire country comes together to express thanksgiving. Then I asked them, "What are you thankful for today?" Here is what they said:

Isaac
blueberries! cat!

Lucia
Abuelita, Abuelito, babies, "jammie socks" [footie pajamas], diapers, and wipes

Jude
a lot of church, a lot of clocks, a lot of dump trucks, a lot of diggers, a lot of race cars, and rocks

Dahlia
lemons, Abuelita, Abuelito, and neighbors

As for me, I am thankful for a husband who is in the trenches with me, works hard to provide for our family, and lets me know that he appreciates what I do. And both of us are incredibly grateful for the gift of these four healthy, feisty, almost-3-year-old children:


Did I mention that I'm also thankful to still be (relatively) sane?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...